November 1-3 and November 8-10, 2019
2 weekends – Friday (6:30-9:30 pm), Saturday (10:00 am-5:00 pm), Sunday (9:00 am-4:30 pm)
Early Bird Price: $585 + tx until October 1, 2019
Given by Melanie Richards, Guest teachers (Anatomy of Fascia) and Janine Maila (Chinese Meridian Theory)
New! This training counts as 30 hours of continuing education credits with the Yoga Alliance or 40 elective hours for the 300-hour Advanced YTT.
We live in a very Yang society: Fast paced, stimulating and goal-oriented. Even the yoga we practice tends to be very Yang in nature, filled with strong, flowing, repetitive movements that heat the body.
Yin yoga honours our profound need for balance with its long-held, relaxed stretches that encourage the release of deep tension from the body while teaching us to trust our Self and go with the flow. As life speeds up, it’s no wonder this quiet, introspective practice is in such high demand.
What is Yin Yoga?
Finding Balance: The Yin/Yang relationship
The conscious and subconscious mind
Anatomy of connective tissue
Chinese Meridian Theory with Janine Maila
The Stress Response as it relates to Yin Yoga
Anatomy as it relates to modifying Yin asanas
Techniques and Practice
Analysis and practice of 20 + Yin Yoga Postures
Chanting and Affirmations
Teaching Methodology and Practicum
How to create “The Yin Zone”
Instructing and Sequencing a Yin yoga class
Variations and Modifications for Yin Yoga poses
Teaching Tips for Clear Language and Communication
Discovering Your Authentic Voice
30 contact hours and 8 hours of personal study
2 drop-in classes are included in the price of the training.
Terms and Conditions for Teacher Trainings:
- Pre-registration is required for all teacher trainings
- All teacher trainings must be paid in full at the time of registration (with the exception of those on payment plans for the Hatha YTT)
- For the Early Bird price to apply, payment must be received in full on or before the discount deadline
- Unpaid registrations are not confirmed
- Cancellation requests received more than one month in advance of the training will be refunded in full, minus a $50 administration fee (with the exception of Hatha YTT)
- Cancellation requests received one month or less before the training are non-refundable and non-transferable