March 26-28, 2021
Given by Melanie Richards and very special guest Brian Tuck for chair yoga!
Takes place over one weekend (Fri eve – Sun eve)
Regular Price: $375 +tx
Early Bird Price until March 1st, 2021: $325 + tx
New! This training counts as 15 hours of continuing education credits with the Yoga Alliance or 15 elective hours for the 300-hour advanced YTT.
Our Western yoga culture of chaturangas, downward dogs and demanding flows excludes a growing segment of the population who would still like to get fit, flexible, calm and healthier through yoga – in a gentler way.
These people may also be looking for ways to deal with the common illnesses of our time: cancer, heart disease, anxiety, depression and burnout. Gentle yoga responds to these needs. Learn the tools to help yourself and others through this adapted practice.
Through lecture, practice, group work, interactive games and case studies you will learn:
- How to sequence for an aging population
- Strengthening sequences that are easy on wrists, shoulders and knees
- Stretching sequences that address limited mobility in the hips and spine
- Chair yoga
- Mood-boosting sequences
- Breathing and relaxation techniques to calm anxiety
- How to create and guide effective imagery
- How to create an atmosphere in any environment that promotes relaxation
Who will benefit from this training:
- Certified Yoga Teachers
- Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Therapists and Psychologists)
- Anyone coping with or supporting someone who has cancer, heart disease, limited mobility, depression, anxiety or burnout
Friday – 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Saturday – 10am – 5pm
Sunday – 10am – 5pm
Terms and Conditions for Teacher Trainings:
- Pre-registration is required for all teacher trainings
- All teacher trainings must be paid in full at the time of registration (with the exception of those on payment plans for the Hatha YTT)
- For the Early Bird price to apply, payment must be received in full on or before the discount deadline
- Unpaid registrations are not confirmed
- Cancellation requests received more than one month in advance of the training will be refunded in full, minus a $50 administration fee (with the exception of Hatha YTT
- Cancellation requests received one month or less before the training are non-refundable and non-transferable