- November 29 – December 1st, 2019
- Takes place over one weekend (Fri 6:30pm – 9:30pm, Sat 10am – 5pm – Sun 9am – 4:30pm)
- Regular Price: $395 +tx
- Given by Melanie Richards (HappyTree owner) Diana Perez (Sports Physiotherapist), Jade Salter (yoga teacher and sports massage therapist)
New! This training counts as 15 hours of Continuing Education with the Yoga Alliance.
Learn to guide your students through a Yin experience – not just a class! This add-on to the HappyTree 40-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training will equip you with new skills to enrich your own practice and to elevate your teaching.
You will learn
- The latest research on fascia and stretching with sports physiotherapist, Diana Perez
- The proper use of Yin Yoga for athletes
- How to use therapeutic touch and massage in Yin postures with sports massage therapist, Jade Salter
- In-depth sequences and modifications, to safely and effectively release the psoas; upper body (neck, shoulders, upper back); lower back and hips
- How to create an unforgettable Yin Yoga experience: learn how to teach transformational themes in your classes; hold space for your students; manage the atmosphere in the room; create special signature touches that will set your classes apart; confidently teach a deep class to multiple levels
- As always, there will be time set aside to address specific requests from the group
About our Guest Teachers
Diana Perez is a sports and rehabilitation Physiotherapist (B.Sc. PT- 1985; McGill University) and a certified Professional Yoga Therapist (PYTI-2017) who has worked in the medical field, academia and fitness industry for over 35 years. She has advanced specializations in Sports Physiotherapy, Manual Therapy, Back & Neck Rehabilitation, Muscle Energy and Myofascial Release and a Masters Degree in Rehabilitation Science (1997; McGill University), with a specialty in Therapeutic Exercise Prescription and Program Design. She also has formal training/certifications in the areas of wellness, naturopathy, ayurvedic medicine and acupuncture. She taught at the School of PT/OT (Faculty of Medicine; McGill University) from 1985-2004.
Diana Perez has been practicing yoga over 20 years and teaching yoga since 2002. Her yoga influences have been mainly from the schools of Hatha, Ashtanga, Moksha and Anusara. She has completed 2 teacher training certifications (Hatha & Ashtanga; RYA-200 hours). Her specialties are in Yoga Therapy, Yoga Anatomy, Injury Prevention, Asana Alignment, and Yin Yoga. She is on the faculty of several Yoga Schools (HappyTree; Sun and Moon; Heaven and Earth), and teaches workshops to yoga teachers as well as yoga to the general public. She is also on the faculty of the Atlas-Medic Company teaching courses to health care professional on the integration of yoga into health care. She currently continues to practice as a physiotherapist and yoga therapist at the Medi-Club Physio Centre in the West Island of Montreal.
Jade Salter taught Yin & Massage at HappyTree for many years and was one of the most loved and popular teachers on the schedule. Now, she is a registered Sports Massage therapist specializing in chronic and acute musculoskeletal issues that arise either from every day activities or athletic training. Jade works with deep tissue techniques such as Trigger Point Therapy, Myofascial release and fundamentals of kinetic swedish massage therapy, including cupping and Kinesiology/athletic taping. With more than 15 years of training in anatomy, professional dance, yoga teaching and somatic bodywork, Jade is ready to support you in confidently bringing therapeutic touch to the students in your Yin classes.