September 11, 2020 to October 24, 2021
If you are a yoga teacher with a desire to deepen your practice, seize the rare opportunity of this year-long 300-hour Advanced Hatha Yoga Teacher Training. Elevate your skills, knowledge and self-confidence. Evolve your teaching expertise and stand out from the crowd.
This is the next level in yoga teacher training! Refine your techniques and reveal new benefits, contraindications and modifications for many Yogic practices including asana, pranayama, mudras, bandhas and meditation. You will also learn in-depth yoga philosophy, and benefit from world-class guest teachers.
Benefit from practicum experience and coaching with two of Montreal’s leading yoga teachers: Barrie Risman and Melanie Richards. The wealth of what you can give in your own teaching will flourish in this supportive, intimate and welcoming environment.
Email email@example.com or call 514-806-9642 to inquire.
Our advanced Hatha teacher training covers:
- Advanced asana practice and postures
- In-depth yoga philosophy
- Advanced breath-work and Pranayama
- Advanced teaching methodology, including safe and beneficial hands-on assists
- Anatomy with guest teacher, sports and rehabilitation physiotherapist Diana Perez
- A deeper understanding of bio-mechanic principles of alignment in all categories of poses, variations, modifications and use of props
- Progressive sequencing strategies
- Creative flow sequencing
- Restorative yoga
- Accessible and inclusive yoga – chair yoga, gentle yoga, yoga for limited mobility, therapeutic yoga
- How to teach trauma-informed yoga classes
- Subtle anatomy
- Meditation and mindfulness training
- Refining your own voice as a teacher
- Voice, language and conscious communication
- Personal development and mentoring
- Developing your yoga business
- Ethics, leadership and community building
- Barrie Risman – Lead Teacher Trainer
- Melanie Richards – Teacher Trainer
- Nancy Zagbayou – Assistant Teacher Trainer / Yoga for Justice/ Antiracist Book Club Facilitator
- Lyne St-Roch – Pranayama
- Diana Perez – Anatomy
- Dianne Bondy – Yoga and Diversity
- BetsyAnn Baron – Structural Myofascial Therapy
- Hamsa Stainton – History and Yoga Philosophy
Have completed the 200-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training recognized by the Yoga Alliance.
Breakdown of hours
11 weekends from September 2020 until October 2021 – 165 contact hours with Barrie Risman, Melanie Richards and guests.
Fridays: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturdays: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Sundays: 9:00am – 4:00pm
5-day retreat led by Barrie Risman and Melanie Richards – 45 hours.
Electives to be completed at HappyTree no later than December 2022 – 60 hours.
Personal Study – 30 hours.
Must complete 60 hours from any of these options
- Pelvic Floor Health – online course with Diana Perez (4 elective hours) More info coming soon!
- Yoga for All – online course with Dianne Bondy (25 elective hours) More info coming soon!
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training (40 elective hours) – November 20-22 & November 27-29, 2020
- Gentle Yoga Teacher Training (15 elective hours) – October 2-4, 2020
- Trauma Informed Yoga Training with Mark Lilly, founder of Street Yoga (15 elective hours) – October 16-18, 2020
- Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Lauren Enright (15 elective hours) – February 19-21, 2021. More info coming soon!
- Children’s Yoga Teacher Training (15 hours) – May 29-31, 2020 (POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19)
- Ayurvedic Studies with Alana Greenberg (15 hours) – (More info coming soon…)
- Sanskrit Studies (15 hours) (More info coming soon)
- Any other HappyTree offerings (workshops, series, or other special offerings)
All pricing options include 11 weekends of tuition, coaching and mentoring for the duration of the training.
- Regular price: $3500 +tx*
- HappyTree 200-hr graduates: $3300 +tx
- Payment plan: $3,700 +tx – $500 deposit ($3,754.91 in 12 payments = $312.91/month)
NOT INCLUDED: Retreat cost of $450+tx to be paid directly to the retreat centre. Price includes 4 nights of double occupancy lodging and all organic vegetarian meals.
60 hours of elective courses at HappyTree (15% discount). Total cost can vary but is estimated at about $1500+tx.