Postponed due to COVID-19
If you are a yoga teacher with a desire to deepen your practice, seize the rare opportunity of this year-long 300-hour Advanced Hatha Yoga Teacher Training. Elevate your skills, knowledge and self-confidence to evolve your teaching expertise and stand out from the crowd.
This is the next-level in yoga teacher training! Refine your techniques and reveal new benefits, contraindications and modifications for many Yogic practices including asana, pranayama, mudras, bandhas and meditation.
Benefit from practicum experience and coaching with two of Montreal’s leading yoga teachers: Barrie Risman and Melanie Richards. The richness of what you can give in your own teaching will flourish in this supportive, intimate and welcoming environment.
Our advanced Hatha teacher training covers:
- Advanced asana practice and postures
- Advanced breath-work and Pranayama
- Advanced teaching methodology, including safe and beneficial hands-on assists
- Anatomy with guest teacher, sports and rehabilitation physiotherapist Diana Perez
- A deeper understanding of bio-mechanic principles of alignment in all categories of poses, variations, modifications and use of props
- Progressive sequencing strategies
- Creative flow sequencing
- Restorative yoga
- Accessible and inclusive yoga – chair yoga, gentle yoga, yoga for limited mobility, therapeutic yoga
- How to teach trauma-informed yoga classes
- In-depth yoga philosophy
- Subtle anatomy
- Meditation and mindfulness training
- Refining your own voice as a teacher
- Voice, language and conscious communication
- Personal development and mentoring
- Developing your yoga business
- Ethics, leadership and community building
- Barrie Risman – Facilitator
- Melanie Richards – Co-facilitator
- Lyne St-Roch – Guest Teacher
- Diana Perez – Anatomy Guest Teacher
- BetsyAnn Baron – Structural Myofascial Therapy
- Hamsa Stainton – History and Yoga Philosophy
Have completed the 200-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training recognized by the Yoga Alliance.
Breakdown of hours
11 weekends from April 2020 until May 2021 – 165 contact hours with Barrie Risman, Melanie Richards and guests.
Fridays: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturdays: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Sundays: 9:00am – 4:00pm
5-day retreat led by Barrie Risman and Melanie Richards – 45 hours.
Electives to be completed at HappyTree no later than June 2021 – 60 hours.
Personal Study – 30 hours.
Must complete 60 hours from any of these options
- Pelvic Floor Health – online course. More info coming soon.
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training (40 hours) – November 20-22 & November 27-29, 2020
- Gentle Yoga Teacher Training (15 hours) – October 2-4, 2020
- Trauma Informed Yoga Training with Mark Lilly, founder of Street Yoga (15 hours) – April 3-5, 2020 (POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19. STAY TUNED FOR NEW DATES)
- Children’s Yoga Teacher Training (15 hours) – May 29-31, 2020 (POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19)
- Ayurvedic Studies with Alana Greenberg (15 hours) – (More info coming soon…)
- Sanskrit Studies (15 hours) (More info coming soon)
- Any other HappyTree offerings (workshops, series, or other special offerings)
All pricing options include 11 weekends of tuition and a 20-class card at HappyTree valid for the duration of the training.
- Regular price: $3500 +tx*
- Early Bird: $3300 +tx until December 31st, 2019
- HappyTree 200-hr graduates: $3100 +tx until December 31st, 2019
- Payment plan: $3,700 +tx – $500 deposit ($3,754.91 in 12 payments = $312.91/month)
NOT INCLUDED: Retreat cost of $450+tx to be paid directly to the retreat centre. Price includes 4 nights of double occupancy lodging and all organic vegetarian meals.
60 hours of elective courses at HappyTree (15% discount). Total cost can vary but is estimated at about $1500+tx.