Get in touch with, and use your authentic voice, to teach deep and meaningful yoga classes and to find new meaning, purpose and direction in your personal and professional development.
The HappyTree Hatha Teacher Training is intended to turn people with a passion for yoga into highly skilled yoga teachers. The program takes place over 9 weekends and a five-day retreat, with Yoga Alliance certification upon completion of the program.
The Hatha Teacher Training offers
- The proper alignment and significance of over 40 yoga postures
- Workshops with renowned guest teachers
- Effective sequences for Hatha, Hot, Gentle and Corporate yoga classes
- The deep meaning of language and how to communicate with impact
- Over 100 contact hours with Melanie Richards, founder and owner of HappyTree
- 5-day retreat in the mountains of Sutton
- Personal follow-up and teaching opportunities
- Certificate of Training recognized by the Yoga Alliance
2019 Hatha Teacher Training Weekend Dates
May 9-12 (Retreat in Sutton)
9 x 15-hour weekends: 135 hours
5-day retreat in the Laurentians: 40 + hours
Practicums: 5 hours per student minimum
TOTAL TRAINING HOURS: 220
Total contact hours: 180+ contact hours + 40 hours independent study
Friday: 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Saturday: 1:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Sunday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
About their experiences…
“The yoga training with Happytree is not a regular one, it is a transformative one. Melanie is a true spiritual guide that accompanies each and everyone of us in the achievement of the goals we have set. In six months, I have not only learned about yoga philosophy and asanas; I have learned about myself, the kind of yoga I would like to teach, but most of all, what kind of human being I would like to be.”
– Mireille Courte, class of 2018
“This teacher training has surely been one of the best experience’s in my life and it will remain in my heart forever. It was so much more than simply learning about the postures. So many different aspects were covered such as Ayurveda, the Bhagavad Gita, Prenatal yoga and the list goes on. I looked forward to every single week-end as there was always something fascinating planned in the curriculum. Melanie is an amazing teacher and we were so fortunate to have not only her, but several other great knowledgeable guest teachers. I am also grateful to have met so many incredible yogis along this journey. Whether you’re looking to become a yoga teacher, to grow spiritually or to embark on a positive path, this is one of the best gifts you could ever give yourself. “
-Monica Bogut, class of 2018
Answer these questions and send them to email@example.com:
1. How did you hear about our 200-hour Hatha Teacher Training?
2. Are you already a HappyTree student?
3. What do you love about yoga?
4. How has it affected or changed your life?
5. Why would you like to do HappyTree’s Hatha Teacher Training?
6. What do you hope to gain from it?