Yoga for Children Teacher Training
with Amanda DeGrace of Little Lotus Yoga
Date: May 4-6, 2018
Pricing: Early Bird $375 + tax (one month in advance)
Regular Rate: $450 + tax
Times: Friday 6:30pm – 9:30 pm
Saturday 1:30pm – 7:30pm
Sunday 9am – 4pm
Do you love working with kids? Are you interested in expanding your yoga offerings? Do you work with children already and would love to create yoga offerings for your current clientele?
With over 12 years of experience offering yoga for children classes, Little Lotus yoga trainings will give you the skills to create yoga classes for children that are engaging and motivating. Yoga for children develops the skills kids require to move through their entire life with higher self esteem, positive body awareness and image, increased compassion and a heart that is ready to soar!
The program includes:
- Asana, Pranayama and Meditation for Children
- Build your toolbox with resources, songs, books and websites
- Learn to teach yoga to children ages 2-12
- Yoga asana through age appropriate play, games, activity and songs
- Gain confidence and practice teaching pranayama to children
- Guided Meditation for Preschoolers & Meditation Techniques for Older Children
- How to incorporate yoga philosophy and lifestyle
- Lesson Planning & Resource Building
- Private Facebook Group
Upon completion of this training, students will:
- Gain confidence in teaching yoga to children – ages 2-12
- Learn how to teach pranayama and meditation in a fun and intriguing way
- Learn songs, games and activities to apply in your kids yoga classes
- Be able to build their toolbox with a ton of resources, songs, books and websites
- Be able to make creative lesson plans that are well rounded and inclusive
This course is perfect for yoga teachers, educators, fitness instructors and parents interested in incorporating yoga into their families’ lives.
Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Amanda De Grace of Little Lotus Yoga
Prenatal Module 1: October 26-28, 2018
Little Lotus Yoga’s Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training program is been broken down into 3 modules, with a fourth module on postnatal yoga. HappyTree Yoga is excited to be able to offer you select modules of prenatal yoga, plus the postnatal yoga module, so you can experience what this great training has to offer. This training is built so you have the flexibility to complete the modules you are most interested in or take them all as your schedule allows. When students participate in all three prenatal modules and the postnatal module you will have the opportunity to become a Yoga Alliance Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher.
This training is suitable for yoga teachers wish to teach prenatal yoga or learn more about yoga during pregnancy, as well as individuals who work closely with expecting and new mothers, such as midwives, doulas and others, or yogis who wish to learn more about yoga during pregnancy.
This training will build your experience and comfort in:
- Working with women at different stages of pregnancy and/or different yoga experience levels.
- Teaching various yoga postures, breath work, relaxation and meditation for women during their pregnancy.
- Preparing the expectant mother for labour and delivery, and the postpartum period.
- Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy and childbirth
Module 1: Developing Your Prenatal Class: Asana, Pranayama and Philosophy
- Benefits of yoga during pregnancy and effects of pregnancy on the body
- Physical and emotional changes during pregnancy
- Yoga asana during the prenatal period
- The 8 limbs of yoga and how they are applied through the pregnancy journey
- Lesson planning for prenatal yoga classes
- Pranayama for pregnancy
- Prenatal Yoga master classes and sequencing
Module 2 (no date currently scheduled)
- Connecting, networking and relationship building with allied health professionals
- High risk and non-high risk pregnancies
- Stages of labour and understanding labour and delivery
- Fetal positioning and asanas
- Vocal toning
- Relaxation strategies for pregnancy and childbirth
- Yoga to prepare for labour and delivery
- Prenatal Yoga master classes and sequencing
Terms and Conditions:
- Pre-registration is suggested for workshops to secure your place.
- All workshops must be paid in full one week before the event. Unpaid registration risks being removed from the workshop if it becomes full.
- Cancellation requests received more than one-week in advance of the workshop will be refunded in full.
- Cancellation requests received less than one-week but more than 48 hours in advance of the workshop will be refunded less a 25% administration fee for workshops and series and 50% for teacher trainings.
- No refunds will be offered if you cancel less than 48 hours prior to the start of the workshop.