Coming in September 2018!
With Barrie Risman, E-RYT 500,
Melanie Richards, E-RYT 200 and guest teachers
Are you a yoga teacher who is ready to further your teaching skills and stand out from the crowd? Become a HappyTree 500-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (500-RYT) with the Yoga Alliance!
Led by two of Montreal’s leading teacher-trainers, Barrie Risman and Melanie Richards, you’ll delve deeper into all aspects of exceptional yoga teaching, advanced practice and study. You’ll be empowered to share your own unique gifts as a teacher in a supportive atmosphere that sparks inquiry, insight and expansion.
Seize this opportunity to deepen your knowledge and refine your skills as part of a transformational community of teachers whereby each member is valued and encouraged on their own personal path of exploration and self-discovery. Space is limited!
Our comprehensive includes:
- Advanced practice and postures
- A deeper understanding of biomechanical principles of alignment in:
- all categories of poses (asana)
- pose variations
- prop usage
- Advanced teaching methodology
- Progressive sequencing strategies
- Creative advanced flow sequencing
- Advanced breath-work and Pranayama
- Meditation and mindfulness training
- Restorative yoga
- Accessible and Inclusive Yoga – chair yoga, therapeutic benefits of yoga
- How to teach trauma-informed yoga classes
- Refining your own voice as a teacher
- Voice and effective verbal instruction
- Conscious communication
- In-depth yoga philosophy
- Personal development
- Developing your yoga business
- Ethics, leadership and community building
- 15 hours with Carina Raisman of Re:source Yoga on anatomy and physiology
- 5 hours with Bhaskar Goswami of Daana, The Bodhi Principle and HappyTree Yoga on yogic lifestyle
- 5 hours with Lisa Lajoie from Tapping Into It on developing you intuition
2018 Schedule and breakdown of hours:
12 weekends at HappyTree Yoga (1 weekend per month) from September 21st 2018 to November 16th 2019 – 165 hours
- Fridays 6:30-10:00 pm
- Saturday 1:30-7:30 pm
- Sunday 9:00 am-4:00 pm*
5-day retreat led by Barrie Risman and Melanie Richards – 45 hours total
Electives to be completed at HappyTree no later than February 2020 – 50 hours
Personal Study – 30 hours
*Schedule may change
5 day Retreat August 12-17, 2019
Elective Options at HappyTree, September 2017 to February 2020:
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training
- Pre-natal Yoga Teacher Training (1 module only)
- Children’s Yoga Teacher Training
- Gentle Yoga Teacher training
- Master Classes with leaders from the Montreal Yoga community
- Ayurveda workshop
- Les Prana Vayus avec Lyne St-Roch (en français)
- Creative advanced flow sequencing
- Yoga for Spinal Care, Musculo-Skeletal Pain
and Disorders (World Spine Care Yoga Project)
- Other specified HappyTree offerings, TBD
200-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training recognized by the Yoga Alliance
How to apply
To apply please an email to email@example.com sharing:
- Where you completed your 200-hour training?
- A brief description of your current teaching experience?
- What you hope to get out of the 300-hour advanced training?
- Your personal and/or professional goals as a yoga teacher/practicioner?
Graduates of HappyTree’s 200-hour training: $3,900 + tax* (price valid until March 31st, 2018)
New Students: $4,200 + tax*
Payment plan: $4,500 + taxes
A $500 non-refundable deposit upon registration and 10 monthly pre-authorized credit card payments 0f $467.50 from September 2018 – June 2019
Please note that there is a $500 non-refundable deposit on all payment options.
Inclusions and exclusions* Includes 11 weekends, 60 hours of electives at HappyTree and a 20-class card valid for the duration of the training (February 2018 – January 2019). Retreat costs not included. $400 to be paid directly to the retreat centre ($100 deposit upon registration and $300 upon arrival at the retreat)
Passionate yoga educator and seasoned seeker on the path, Barrie has been immersed in the teachings and practices of yoga for more than two decades. Her teaching weaves together technical precision with an ever-present awareness of the great wisdom of yoga philosophy. Barrie has lead retreats, teacher trainings and workshops throughout Canada and internationally since 2004.
Terms and Conditions for Teacher Trainings:
- Applications must be approved prior to confirming enrolment.
- Payment must be received in full prior to the first weekend of 300 hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training (HYTT) or a payment plan established.
- For the Super Early Bird or Early Bird price to apply, payment must be received in full on or before the discount deadline
- Unpaid registrations are not confirmed
- Cancellation requests received more than one month in advance of the training will be refunded in full, minus the $500 non-refundable deposit.
- Cancellation requests received one month or less before the training are non-refundable and non-transferable