Become a confident, authentic and highly skilled
independent yoga teacher.
Get in touch with and use your authentic voice, teach deep and meaningful yoga classes and find new meaning, purpose and direction in your personal and professional development.
The HappyTree Hatha Teacher Training is intended to turn people with a passion for yoga into highly skilled yoga teachers. The program takes place over 9 weekends and a five-day retreat, with Yoga Alliance certification upon completion of the program.
Hatha Teacher Training Video Testimonials
What the Hatha Teacher Training program offers
- The proper alignment and significance of over 40 yoga postures
- Workshops with renowned guest teachers
- Effective sequences for Hatha, Hot, Gentle and Corporate yoga classes
- The deep meaning of language and how to communicate with impact
- Over 180 contact hours with Melanie Richards, founder and owner of HappyTree
- 5-day retreat in the mountains of Sutton
- Personal follow-up and teaching opportunities
- Certificate of Training recognized by the Yoga Alliance
January to June 2017
Breakdown of hours
9 x 15-hour weekends: 135 hours
5-day retreat in the Laurentians: 40 + hours
Practicums: 5 hours per student minimum
Total contact hours: 180+ hours Total independent study hours: 40+ TOTAL HOURS: 220 +
Typical weekend hours*
Friday: 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Saturday: 1:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Sunday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
* Small adjustments may be made to the times.
2017 Hatha Teacher Training Weekend Dates
May 11-15 (Retreat in Sutton)
Early Bird – Paid in full by 5pm, December 23rd, 2016 $3,300 + tax
Full Price – Paid after 5pm, December 23rd, 2016 $3,500 + tax
Payment Plan: Non-refundable downpayment of $300 + 8 monthly pre-authorized credit card payments of $465.50 (credit cards only). Interest may be charged on late payments.
Please note that there is a $300 non-refundable deposit on all payment options.
*Most of the retreat costs are included in the training price, however there will be an additional $200 to be paid directly to the retreat centre in Sutton upon arrival.
Please send your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. How did you hear about HappyTree’s 200-hour Hatha Teacher Training?
2. Are you already a HappyTree student?
3. What do you love about yoga?
4. How has it effected or changed your life?
5. Why would you like to do the HappyTree Hatha Teacher Training?
6. What do you hope to gain from it?
Send your answers to email@example.com
“What you are is what you have been. What you will be is what you do now.” – Lord Buddha