Become a confident, authentic and highly skilled
independent yoga teacher.
Get in touch with and use your authentic voice, teach deep and meaningful yoga classes and find new meaning, purpose and direction in your personal and professional development.
The HappyTree Hatha Teacher Training is intended to turn people with a passion for yoga into highly skilled yoga teachers. The program takes place over 9 weekends and a five-day retreat, with Yoga Alliance certification upon completion of the program.
Hatha Teacher Training Video Testimonials
What the Hatha Teacher Training program offers
- The proper alignment and significance of over 40 yoga postures
- Workshops with renowned guest teachers
- Effective sequences for Hatha, Hot, Gentle and Corporate yoga classes
- The deep meaning of language and how to communicate with impact
- Over 180 contact hours with Melanie Richards, founder and owner of HappyTree
- 5-day retreat in the mountains of Sutton
- Personal follow-up and teaching opportunities
- Certificate of Training recognized by the Yoga Alliance
January to June 2018
Breakdown of hours
9 x 15-hour weekends: 135 hours
5-day retreat in the Laurentians: 40 + hours
Practicums: 5 hours per student minimum
TOTAL TRAINING HOURS: 220
Total contact hours: 180+ contact hours + 40 hours independent study
Typical weekend hours*
Friday: 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Saturday: 1:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Sunday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
* Small adjustments may be made to the times.
2018 Hatha Teacher Training Weekend Dates
May 10-14 (Retreat in Sutton)
Please send your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. How did you hear about HappyTree’s 200-hour Hatha Teacher Training?
2. Are you already a HappyTree student?
3. What do you love about yoga?
4. How has it affected or changed your life?
5. Why would you like to do the HappyTree Hatha Teacher Training?
6. What do you hope to gain from it?
Send your answers to email@example.com
Super Early Bird – Paid in full by July 31st, 2017 $3,000 + tax (includes unlimited yoga for the duration of the training, January – June 2018.)
Early Bird – Paid in full by 5pm, December 23rd, 2017 $3,300 + tax
Full Price – Paid after 5pm, December 23rd, 2017 $3,500 + tax
Payment Plan: Non-refundable downpayment of $500 + 8 monthly pre-authorized credit card payments of $440.65 (credit cards only). Interest may be charged on late payments.
Please note that there is a $500 non-refundable deposit on all payment options.
*Some of the retreat costs are included in the training price, however there will be an additional $300 to be paid directly to the retreat centre in Sutton upon arrival.
“What you are is what you have been. What you will be is what you do now.” – Lord Buddha
Terms and Conditions for Teacher Trainings:
- Applications must be approved prior to confirming enrolment.
- Payment must be received in full prior to the first weekend of Hatha Yoga Teacher Training (HYTT) or a payment plan established.
- For the Super Early Bird or Early Bird price to apply, payment must be received in full on or before the discount deadline
- Unpaid registrations are not confirmed
- Cancellation requests received more than one month in advance of the training will be refunded in full, minus the $500 non-refundable deposit.
- Cancellation requests received one month or less before the training are non-refundable and non-transferable