with Melanie Richards and guest teachers Carina Raisman (anatomy) and
Janine Maila (chinese medicine)
Spring 2018 Yin Yoga
April 13th – 15th and April 27th – 29th 2018
Early Bird: $585 +tx before March 31st, 2018
Regular Price: $635 +tx after March 31st 2018
Friday, 6:00 – 10:00 pm
Saturday, 1:30 – 8:00 pm
Sunday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
We live in a very Yang society: Fast paced, stimulating and goal-oriented. Even the yoga we practice tends to be very Yang in nature, filled with strong, flowing, repetitive movements that heat the body.
Yin yoga honours our profound need for balance with its long-held, relaxed stretches that encourage the release of deep tension from the body while teaching us to trust our Self and go with the flow. As life speeds up, it’s no wonder this quiet, introspective practice is in such high demand.
What is Yin Yoga?
Finding Balance: The Yin/Yang relationship
The Body: Anatomy and Emotional Themes
Anatomy as it relates to modifying yin asanas
Anatomy of connective tissue
Chinese Meridian Theory with
Techniques and Practice
Analysis and practice of 20 Yin Yoga Postures
Chanting and Affirmation
Teaching Methodology and Practicum
Instructing and Sequencing a Yin yoga class
Variations and Modifications for Yin Yoga poses
How to create “The Yin Zone”
Teaching Tips for Clear Language and Communication Discovering Your Authentic Voice
26 contact hours and 9 hours personal study
5 hours (class)- student will be given a 5 class card to use during training to do yin classes at HappyTree.
Those coming from outside Montreal may contact the Meridien Hotel. Mention that you are student in a HappyTree teacher trainings for a discounted rate.
*Small adjustments may be made to the schedule.
Terms and Conditions for Teacher Trainings:
- Pre-registration is required for all teacher trainings
- All teacher trainings must be paid in full at the time of registration (with the exception of those on payment plans for the Hatha YTT)
- For the Early Bird price to apply, payment must be received in full on or before the discount deadline
- Unpaid registrations are not confirmed
- Cancellation requests received more than one month in advance of the training will be refunded in full, minus a $50 administration fee (with the exception of Hatha YTT)
- Cancellation requests received one month or less before the training are non-refundable and non-transferable