One step, two step, three step, four-
shift your weight forward,
take your feet off the floor!
Come explore with us, taking chances, facing fears, breaking some of the toughest postures down to accessible steps and even learning some new ones.
In this workshop:
– tips on how to modify and building blocks to practice;
– preparatory steps to take; essential to safely advance one’s asana technique;
– explore the use of equipment, partner and wall work to take those steps; and
– exercises and steps for proprioception – grasping how to use one’s own body in relation to strength of effort required for movement and stability (teaching your body how to be it’s own teacher!)
All levels welcome!
Mediation Series with Bhaskar Goswami
Tuesdays, 7:45pm-8:45pm, October 4th – November 22nd
$145 + tax for the series, $20 + tax for single drop-in
In this 8-week series you will learn how to:
– Cultivate a calm, attentive mind capable of maintaining sustained voluntary concentration.
– Experience and understand the impermanence of turbulent thoughts and emotions.
– Develop a balanced, peaceful mind that is open to genuine compassion.
– Generate greater vitality, decisiveness and clarity of thought.
– Nurture a mental state that is conducive to inspiration, joy and creativity.
– Significantly reduce symptoms of pain and enhance ability to cope with chronic pain and discomfort.
– Dramatically decrease anxiety, depression, hostility and the tendency to somatise.
This universal technique has no prerequisites and requires no external implements or beliefs. It is based purely on the observation of breath and physical sensations and is designed to develop the twin attributes of awareness and equanimity.
Yoga Nidra with Susan Schneir
$120 + tax for the series, $20 + tax for single drop-in
This eight-week series will introduce and welcome you into the practice of iRest® Yoga Nidra.
iRest Yoga Nidra is based on ancient teachings of meditation and has developed into an evidence-based transformative practice that leads to psychological, physical, and spiritual healing and well-being.
Research has found that engaging in deep relaxation while meditating leads to a significant decrease in depression, anxiety, stress, chronic and acute pain, PTSD, and insomnia. Yoga Nidra provides you with tools to help you relax deeply, release stress, increase resiliency and improve your interpersonal relationships. Yoga Nidra also nourishes and enhances noble qualities of Yoga such as joy, peacefulness, empathy, forgiveness, patience and loving-kindness toward yourself and others.
Gentle Yoga Teacher Training
Gentle Teacher Training with Melanie Richards
October 14th-16th, 2016
Early Bird: $295 + taxes until October 7th, 2016
Regular Price: $340 + taxes
Our Western yoga culture of chaturangas and downward dogs excludes a large segment of the population who would still like to get fit, flexible, calm and healthy in a gentler way.
These people are also looking for ways to deal with the symptoms of our time: cancer, heart disease, anxiety, depression and burnout. We are over-stimulated yet sedentary, over-fed yet under-nourished, connected like never before through social media yet isolated from a true sense of belonging.
Gentle yoga responds to these needs. Learn the tools to help others discover the benefits of this healing practice. Become a Gentle Yoga Teacher.
You will learn:
– How to modify a yoga class to suit any body
– Relaxation techniques to calm anxiety
– How to create and guide effective healing imagery
– Mood-boosting sequences
– Strengthening sequences that are easy on wrists, shoulders and knees
– Stretching sequences that address limited mobility in the hips and spine
– How to create an atmosphere in any environment that promotes healing and relaxation
Who will benefit from this training:
– Certified Yoga Teachers
– Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Therapists and Psychologists)
– Anyone coping with or supporting someone who has cancer, heart disease, limited mobility, depression, anxiety or burnout
Gentle Yoga Teacher Training takes place over the course of one weekend. Typical weekend hours are –
Friday 6:00 pm-10:00 pm
Saturday 1:30 pm-7:30 pm
Sunday 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Finally a yoga and mindfulness event for Montréal! Expo Yoga will be held on February 11th & 12th, 2017, at the Palais des congrès de Montreal. Expo Yoga is open to all, from those experiencing the practice for the first time to advanced yoga practitioners. Over this two day event 60 classes, workshops and lectures will be offered and over 150 exhibitors will be present with great advice on everything from healthy foods, fashion and beauty, health care, to yoga studios, retreats and equipment. At the heart of Expo Yoga will be our continuous yoga classes in the Yoga Zone, as well as five other discovery zones to explore: Zen Lounge, Food Lounge, Suspended Yoga Zone, Creative Zone, La Presse + Photobooth.